Saturday, December 27, 2008

Mission Statement

The purpose of this blog is twofold.  First, I need to get some of my basic offensive and defensive ideas down.  Secondly, I'd like to get some reaction from others in response to my ideas.  

I will try to assume very little in terms of strategy or tactics.  Partially, this is an intellectual exercise to see if I understand and can explain things to my own satisfaction.  Equally important, however, is the logical examination of what is considered to be "common knowledge" or "common sense" in ultimate.

Ultimate is not a mature sport.  By this, I mean that there are no definitive principles practiced by professional players.  There are only ideas, some good and some not so good.  I'd like to examine these ideas and possibly add to the good ones.

I will do this from the perspective of a non-elite Open club team. 

No comments:

Post a Comment